Monday, August 1, 2011

Review for Fury by Elizabeth Miles


Title: Fury
Author: Elizabeth Miles
Series: Fury, #1
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: August 30, 2011

Synopsis: Sometimes sorry isn't enough....
It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...

Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.

On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.

In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.

Em and Chase have been chosen.

Verdict: Wow. Fury was a suspenseful and haunting story about three girls- three furies- taking revenge on two teens, a boy named Chase and a girl named Emily, who have both done something very bad. This is a story about love, loss and revenge. It is a tale that will not soon be forgotten. The three furies- Ty, Ali and Meg- were portrayed very well and I could easily picture them. Chase and Emily were also very well-developed characters. And although I didn't agree with what they did, I could understand it. Gabby, Emily's best friend, was a very strong side character and was very likeable. She was someone you could easily imagine being your best friend. Zach, one of the "bad" guys, was very easy to hate; I could definitely imagine blocking him on Facebook. ;)
Although the story and plot was very good, I found myself wishing that things had turned out differently. Which I'm guessing was the author's point, so I applaud Elizabeth for that. I am hoping that there will be a sequel, because I feel like this story could need some expanding on- I want certain issues to be resolved between Emily and JD and between Emily and the Furies!!! (The way Elizabeth ended the book was also VERY intriguing and I wouldn't mind reading about that either!)
One other thing I must applaud Elizabeth Miles on is the originality of the this whole book. I've never read anything quite like this and it was a refreshing change. Overall I definitely recommend this to all teens. But please note- there were a few parts that even had me wanting to hide under the covers. lol :))

An ARC was provided by Simon & Schuster for review.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

-Kristen ♥

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, sounds really great! I'll need to pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! They mean the world to me! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...