|To to see the other blogs participating in the tour go HERE.|
Author: Kelly Oram
Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Synopsis: When Val Jensen gets dumped for her decision to stay a virgin until marriage, the nasty breakup goes viral on YouTube, making her the latest internet sensation.
After days of ridicule from her peers, Val starts a school-wide campaign to rally support for her cause. She meant to make a statement, but she never dreamed the entire nation would get caught up in the controversy.
As if becoming nationally recognized as “Virgin Val” isn’t enough, Val’s already hectic life starts to spin wildly out of control when bad boy Kyle Hamilton, lead singer for the hit rock band Tralse, decides to take her abstinence as a personal challenge.
How can a girl stay true to herself when this year’s Sexiest Man Alive is doing everything in his power to win her over?
About the Author: Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.
1. Describe V is for Virgin as a tweet (140 characters or less)!Girl determined to stay virgin until married. Obnoxious rock star determined to change her mind. Chaos and romance ensue...
2. If you could re-title V is for Virgin what would you call it and why?I have absolutely no idea! I would cry if I had to change the title. I’ve never had a title fit a book better than this one.
3. What inspired you to start writing?I was an insomniac daydreamer as a kid. I used to write down my ideas in my journal when I couldn’t sleep. By 15 I’d written my first novel.
4. What kind of research, if any, did you do for V is for Virgin?I didn’t really need to do research for V. I drew on a lot of personal experience. I am very familiar with waiting until marriage, having to stand up from my beliefs, being a music junkie, and the local Los Angeles music scene. (I’ve even met several famous musicians though, sadly, none of them ever fell in love with me.)
5. Do you have a specific place where you write?HA! I WISH! I have four small children, one of whom still wakes up to nurse at least twice a night. I write whenever I get the chance, and never where I would like to write. Which would be the library or a quiet café—somewhere where my kids can’t bother me, the soda is readily available and the air conditioning is too cool to fall asleep in.
This or That...
Ebook or Real book?Ebook! (This surprises me too. I held out for a long time but have recently become addicted to my Kindle.)
Twitter or Facebook?Twitter.
Chocolate or Vanilla?Vanilla.
Past or Future?Future.
And just for fun- What is the strangest thing on your desk right now?Two binkies and a handful of Halo Mega Bloks figurines.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
$30 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash
a Rafflecopter giveaway