Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blog Tour: My Wolf's Bane by Veronica Blade (Author Interview + Trailer)

Title: My Wolf's Bane
Author: Veronica Blade
Series: Shapes of Autumn, #1
Publisher: Crush Publishing
Publication Date: January 28, 2013

Synopsis: Different species. Mortal enemies. It'll never work, but they'll die trying.

Autumn Rossi thought she was a normal teenager. Suddenly, she can outrun every critter in the forest, making her wonder if she’s even human.

When the new guy at school, Zack de Luca, witnesses a questionable scene, he unfairly pins her as stuck-up. He acts like he hates her, yet he keeps bailing her out of trouble. Not only is Zack both insufferable and irresistible, he seems to sniff her anytime he gets close.

As passion flares between them, Autumn isn’t sure which is more dangerous: her psycho ex-boyfriend, or falling for Zack — who’s risking his life just by being near her.

About the Author: Veronica Blade lives in Southern California with her husband and children. By day she runs the family business, but each night she slips away to spin her tales. She writes stories about young adults to relive her own childhood and to live vicariously through her characters. Except her heroes and heroines lead far more interesting lives — and they are always way hotter.



Author Interview:

First off, I'd like to thank you for joining me on the blog today!
My pleasure! :)

1. Describe My Wolf's Bane as a tweet (140 characters or less)!
The tagline works for that: Different species. Mortal enemies. It’ll never work, but they’ll die trying.

2. If you could re-title My Wolf's Bane what would you call it and why?
Autumn, The Werewolf Hottie’s Pain in the Arse! Because that’s what My Wolf’s Bane essentially means, but in a more fun way.

3. What inspired you to start writing?
I’d been writing since I was 5 years old, but after reading way too many romance novels (mainly Nora Roberts and MaryJanice Davidson), I needed an outlet.

4. What kind of research, if any, did you do for My Wolf's Bane?
None for My Wolf’s Bane, but for the prequel, Thrown to the Wolves: The Legend of Hannah and Eli, I learned how to make a 14th century sword. Fascinating!

5. Do you have a specific place where you write?
In bed, usually in sweats. It’s all very glamorous :-P

6. What are you reading right now?
Unmaking Hunter Kennedy. It’s an indie book with some typos, but it’s pretty cute.

This or That...

Ebook or Real book?
A year ago, I would’ve said Real Book, but now I say my Kindle Fire rocks! I’m a pretty picky reader. There are so many best-sellers that I wasn’t able to finish because it didn’t have enough romance. With a kindle, I always have the next book waiting in case the current one doesn’t work out.

Twitter or Facebook?
Definitely FaceBook (especially the Scrabble app).

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate all the way!

Past or Future?
Future. Because that’s something I can dream about and change. Dreams… that’s the good stuff.

And just for fun- What is the strangest thing on your desk right now?
A little toy car. One day, a guy I was dating said he had a woody for me. Then he held out his hand to display a little toy car, a replica of a “woody.” I thought that was so cute, I kept it and it’s always hanging out on my desk, even though I’ve since married someone else.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
Thanks so much for having me and for the fun questions! :)

Trailer:


-Kristen ♥

4 comments:

  1. I like the trailer, cute "This or That" questions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the questions! This is one of my favorite authors. I like the strangest thing on her desk question, she had such a cute answer :)

    Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part, "a guy I was dating said he had a woody for me. Then he held out his hand to display a little toy car, a replica of a “woody.”"


    I'm still laughing! I loved the interview. The author seems to have a great sense of humor :)

    My Wolf's Bane was amazing! I can't wait for the next book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome interview and trailer! So when's the movie coming out? :) Just finished this book last night and LOVED IT!! I really need the next one to come out already!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! They mean the world to me! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...