Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Spotlight: Threads of Chaos by D.L. Miles (Author Interview)

Title: Threads of Chaos
Author: D.L. Miles
Publication Date: April 18, 2013

Synopsis: "When the fate of one is changed, everything changes. One person changes everything."

Mercy Singer died five months ago, but the doctor’s managed to bring her back. And she was told by her new therapist that it was normal to think there was danger around every corner, and that seeing things was part of the healing process. What Mercy hasn’t told anyone is how vivid her dreams are, how it’s not actually her dying in them, and she also hasn’t mentioned the conversations she’s had with people that vanish.

And when the new boy in town, Tristan Holmes, finds her freaking out in the street, claiming to see a man that isn’t there, she thinks her return to school might have been too soon. Until his sister approaches her, claiming to know what’s going on, and that she wants to help Mercy.

Now numbers keep floating around Mercy’s head, and she knows it’s a countdown to something big. There’s a darkness coming to Balefire Bay High, and she thinks she’s the only one that can stop it.


About the Author: Grew up in southern Ontario and I currently have no life which leaves me plenty of time to write. Love photography, and have made the covers for The Ethereal Crossings, along with Shimmering. My books are available on Smashwords, B&N, Kobo, Apple iBooks, Diesel eBooks and on the Sony Reader.
 

Author Interview:

First off, I'd like to thank you for joining me on the blog today!
Thanks for having me!

1. Describe Threads of Chaos as a tweet (140 characters or less)!
Sixteen-year-old Mercy Singer comes back from the dead only to find she’s become a pawn in a chess game between gods.

2. If you could re-title Threads of Chaos what would you call it and why?
I would probably call it Banshee because it fits well with the story. I shied away from it because it’s a pretty common title.

3. What inspired you to start writing?
I always loved to read and only started to seriously write stories after I read Don’t Die Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton. Something about that book just made me really want to write novels; I guess I just loved it so much I wanted to make someone else feel the same. It did take a bit of encouragement to get started though!

4. What kind of research, if any, did you do for Threads of Chaos?
I had to do a bit of research on the Moirai, aka the Fates, from Greek mythology. That was about it! It’s weird, because for all my other books I had to do WAY more research.

5. Do you have a specific place where you write?
I usually write in the basement, but in the summer I’m constantly outside. It helps keep me away from distractions (*cough internet cough*).

6. What are you reading right now?
I’m reading Supernaturally by Kiersten White. It’s going to be fun/sad to finish because it’ll be the last book I can fit on my bookshelf.

This or That...

Ebook or Real book?
Real book (as an author who only publishes digitally am I allowed to say that?).

Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter!

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla for sure.

Past or Future?
Future.

And just for fun- What is the strangest thing on your desk right now?
Oh geez, I don’t have a desk! I just use a table lol. I guess the weirdest thing on the table is a pair of pliers? I’m not sure why they’re here anymore…

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
Thanks for having me :)

-Kristen ♥

2 comments:

  1. I loved the author interview and the question about describing the book in a Tweet. That alone makes me want to check this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fulfill your dreams (11569)
    we gives you the easiest way to increase income
    For more details visit: http://eazy2earn.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! They mean the world to me! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...